Thursday, October 29, 2009

Out with the OLD and in with the...um, MODIFIED




So I've always battled with taking my ex's back. They're your ex for a reason right? However, recently I've come across a dilemma. One of my ex's (who shall remain nameless) got his shit somewhat together, he's changed for the good, and I LOVE IT! His out look on life has grown. He went from F**K the world to realizing the world wasn't to blame. Listening to him talk now it's like he's a completely different person. Is that possible? I know people can change but can they truly leave all their old ways behind. I mean we can sit and have real conversations for three hours every damn day. No arguing, no cussing, no hanging up on each other, shit no hanging up mad. He says I LOVE YOU as if I never left.

I sit and talk to him and like I said I love what I hear. But, I also remember the old him. I'm not one for holding the past against someone. And i'm not one to keep telling him what he did wrong. However, it all seems too damn sketchy. As a person i'm allowed to have doubts, and as a woman i'm allowed to question his genuineness.

I think the reason it seems to sketchy is cause he wants me to meet his mother. I've never meet anyone's mother on purpose LOL. I'm scared as hell and i'm not feeling it at all. I mean I've talked to her on the phone but, why can't it end there? Is it some kind of validation men are looking for when they ask you to meet their mother? and I am not saying that I am never going to meet anyone's mother but I think I'm feeling like, IS IT WORTH IT?

1 comment:

  1. lol well i know "nameless" and i say bring my bro in law back cuz uhm when are you ever gonna meet "caspers" lmao (insider) parents huh? but with all seriousness i say go head and get your feet wet wats wrong with trying new things if you already accepted his change why stop their why not accept all hes trying to give i think if the guy brings up trying to meet the parents its good it shows he cares and apparently really thought about it.. w/o being forced by others especially if you know their delicate situations and how they got to where they are now and what else you got to do ...

    SMOOCHES

    ReplyDelete