Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Papers...

I was sitting in my office the other day listening to Usher's song PAPERS and one of my close co-workers came in and said "i can't believe you were listening to that song. That's the worse song Usher has ever made...no one cares about him and his damn divorce." I sat and I thought about what he said and I couldn't help but say..."If that's all you got out of that song then i'm sorry."

For me it wasn't about his divorce and it wasn't about him and Tameka. It was about losing yourself in someone else. It was about changing yourself to fit someone else's view and they still got a damn problem wit it.

Have you ever been in a situation where all you wanna do is love and be loved, but when you find it you don't realize it ain't for you, but you can't see that cause you want it (love) so bad?

It sucks that people can listen to a song and immediately draw conclusions because you've heard about all this stuff that happened in this persons life. Music can be interpreted in many different ways and have many different views/meanings. And it saddens me that people assume that because someone is getting a divorce and they write a song that that's all the song has to offer. Dig deeper people.

1 comment: