Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Second Strings

Okay......this has been bugging me for a while and I've been telling myself it isn't my place but as a WOMAN I'm still hella pissed off.

I can't stand when a "woman" speaks empowerment and creates songs about finding love and being hurt and being happy with her man when all the while she hugged up with another woman's man. And no I'm not limiting my comments to ALICIA KEYS {however she is the one who sparked my anger} I'm speaking of women in general. How can you speak on female empowerment when your bringing another female down. How can you find it in your heart to sing a song like "doesn't mean anything" when literally your saying to another WOMAN that she doesn't mean anything. How can you block out another woman's feelings for you own personal gain? How can you not put yourself in their shoes? At what point do you step back and say "That was wrong, what was I thinking?" or do you never second guess yourself so that you'll never have to feel the pain you just put that WOMAN through.

I was 17 when I slept with another WOMAN'S man. After I did the deed, I went to our local hangout and smiled right in her face like it didn't even matter. Like, what I did was okay{but again i was 17 not 30, i'm not giving excuses but at 30 you would think you have more sense...}. At 22, GOD showed me just what I did to that other girl and how I made her feel. I'm not saying that Alicia will get her day and I'm not sayin maybe Mashonda deserved it {I'm only speaking of these two because its the most open case}. But I am saying have that respect for that other woman if nothing else. If you feel justified with what you are doing even if your hurting someone else. Be a WOMAN and speak to that WOMAN WOMANLY. I'm not saying you owe her an explanation but, give her that respect. Falling in love with another woman's man is not OKAY but it does happen. But what also happens is LOVE gets confused with LUST.

And that is where you Second Strings start complicating things. Second Strings don't know/understand LOVE they've only been introduced to LUST. So when they are presented with LUST they act on it not knowing that it isn't LOVE. What they also fail to realize is that even if you have fallen for this man he belongs to someone else. Second Strings only care about themselves and they only see what's in front of them.

And no this is not letting the men off the hook. But it is understanding that as a woman you can't say you wanna build women up to be strong beautiful powerful women and knock them down in the next sentence.

I do understand that it is easy for someone to portray what they want to be in front of those they don't know. But, isn't easier to just be you all the way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment